We are currently recruiting for a Programme Fund Manager based in our UK Office in Send, Surrey. Full Job Description and application details available here – Programme Fund Manager JD
We are also currently recruiting for Fundraising and Communications Manager in our UK Office in Send, Surrey. Full Job Description and application details available here – Fundraising & Communications Manager JD
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and both will remain open until positions are filled.
Interested in volunteering?
Not only is volunteering fun, but it makes such a huge difference, especially to a small charity – your help really does matter. It also looks fantastic on your CV, particularly for anyone looking to get involved in charity work, international development, fundraising and/or events.
Fundraising & Communications Volunteer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and enthusiastic volunteer to come into the UK office for 2-3 days a week and assist on a variety of fundraising and communications based tasks. We are happy to be flexible according to your interests and what you would like to achieve by volunteering with us. Responsibilities range from:
- Researching and identifying potential donors and sources of funding
- Writing funding proposals
- Transcribing interviews with project staff and beneficiaries (including students, teachers and parents)
- Writing articles and reports to update stakeholders on project progress
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of fundraising events
- Developing the trust and corporate databases
- Providing administrative support to the office
You don’t need to have an extensive background in these areas, but experience in fundraising, research and marketing/customer service would be an advantage. Knowledge of, and an interest in, international development and Africa related issues would also be a bonus. Ideal candidates will be organised, dedicated and able to work efficiently on an individual and a collaborative basis. Strong writing skills are a must.
In return for volunteering with us, you will receive the following:
- Practical experience in the everyday running of a UK based charity
- Fundraising, research, communications and international development experience which will look great on your CV
- The chance of a fantastic reference
- Ongoing support from the fundraising and communications team
- The knowledge that you have contributed to vital education work in Zambia, Uganda and South Sudan
- Travel and lunch expense