African Revival – Investing in Education, currently has no vacancies.
Interested in volunteering?
Not only is volunteering fun, but it makes such a huge difference, especially to a small charity – your help really does matter. It also looks fantastic on your CV, particularly for anyone looking to get involved in charity work, international development, fundraising and/or events.
Fundraising & Communications Volunteer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and enthusiastic volunteer to come into the UK office for 2-3 days a week and assist on a variety of fundraising and communications-based tasks. We are happy to be flexible according to your interests and what you would like to achieve by volunteering with us. Responsibilities range from:
- Researching and identifying potential donors and sources of funding
- Writing funding proposals
- Transcribing interviews with project staff and beneficiaries (including students, teachers and parents)
- Writing articles and reports to update stakeholders on project progress
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of fundraising events
- Developing the trust and corporate databases
- Providing administrative support to the office
You don’t need to have an extensive background in these areas, but experience in fundraising, research and marketing/customer service would be an advantage. Knowledge of, and an interest in, international development and Africa related issues would also be a bonus. Ideal candidates will be organised, dedicated and able to work efficiently on an individual and a collaborative basis. Strong writing skills are a must.
In return for volunteering with us, you will receive the following:
- Practical experience in the everyday running of a UK based charity
- Fundraising, research, communications and international development experience which will look great on your CV
- The chance of a fantastic reference
- Ongoing support from the fundraising and communications team
- The knowledge that you have contributed to vital education work in Zambia, Uganda and South Sudan
- Travel and lunch expense