African Revival is currently recruiting:
African Revival Uganda:
Project Officer: ARU are recruiting a project officer for our 12 month “Advocacy, Stigma & Education Project” supporting Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools through advocacy. This role is full time and based in the Amuru District, Start date will be 1st of July. Please take a look at the Job Description for details on how to apply. Deadline 01.06.2019
Project Assistant: ARU are recruiting a project assistant for our 12 month “Advocacy, Stigma & Education Project” supporting Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools through advocacy. Please take a look at the Job Description for details on how to apply. This role is based in Gulu, and could be 4 days a week dependant on experience. Deadline 01.06.2019
African Revival Zambia:
Country Director: African Revival are recruiting a part time Country Director for our Zambian operation – based in Choma. This role is currently only open to Zambian nationals and residents. Please take a look at the Job Description and email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Deadline is 10th May.
Interested in volunteering?
Not only is volunteering fun, but it makes such a huge difference, especially to a small charity – your help really does matter. It also looks fantastic on your CV, particularly for anyone looking to get involved in charity work, international development, fundraising and/or events.
Fundraising & Communications Volunteer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and enthusiastic volunteer to come into the UK office for 2-3 days a week and assist on a variety of fundraising and communications based tasks. We are happy to be flexible according to your interests and what you would like to achieve by volunteering with us. Responsibilities range from:
- Researching and identifying potential donors and sources of funding
- Writing funding proposals
- Transcribing interviews with project staff and beneficiaries (including students, teachers and parents)
- Writing articles and reports to update stakeholders on project progress
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of fundraising events
- Developing the trust and corporate databases
- Providing administrative support to the office
You don’t need to have an extensive background in these areas, but experience in fundraising, research and marketing/customer service would be an advantage. Knowledge of, and an interest in, international development and Africa related issues would also be a bonus. Ideal candidates will be organised, dedicated and able to work efficiently on an individual and a collaborative basis. Strong writing skills are a must.
In return for volunteering with us, you will receive the following:
- Practical experience in the everyday running of a UK based charity
- Fundraising, research, communications and international development experience which will look great on your CV
- The chance of a fantastic reference
- Ongoing support from the fundraising and communications team
- The knowledge that you have contributed to vital education work in Zambia, Uganda and South Sudan, some of the poorest countries in the world
- Travel and lunch expense